Friday, March 5, 2010

Oceania and Southeast Asia

Oceania refers to Australia, New Zealand and the islands of the South Pacific.

While in New Zealand I would like to go to a rugby game, go sailing, go to the various filming locations of the Lord of the Rings, and eat some traditional New Zealand food.

When I visit Australia for the second time I would like to visit the capital of Canberra, the island of Tasmania (to see a Tasmanian Devil), the city of Adelaide and the city of Perth. I would also like to visit Rod Laver Arena, preferably during the Australian Open, and watch an Australian Rugby match. I was hesitant the first time to interact with the Aborigines, but this time I would like to spend some more time with them, for they are a fascinating people, plus they could teach me how to play the didgeridoo.

I don’t know what to do in New Guinea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, or Vietnam. But I’m sure my friend Doug could help me out with some ideas or be my tour guide. I could go visit the islands that Survivor has been to.

In Thailand I would like to go watch some Muay Thai fights/tournament and go visit Bangkok.

In all of these places I want to sample their traditional foods; maybe not all of them, but some if not most. I want to experience their culture. I’m tired of my little island, I want to experience more. I want to experience all this life has to offer. After all, you only go around once.

2 comments:

  1. Before you tour this area, you need to read two books: The Sex Lives of Cannibals and Getting Stoned With Savages. You should probably read them even if you don't go. F.U.N.N.Y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will hook you up with some sweet advice when you are ready to go.

    ReplyDelete